Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Feb 8th: Donor Eggs

While we're not ready to "go there" yet -- well, actually, I am, but Chad believes so strongly in the Law of Attraction that he'd rather we not put too many eggs in this basket upfront (yes, I did say "eggs" before it was too late to be less corny) -- I've begun preliminary research on the idea of the Donor Egg.

I found this article (below), which I love, by Suzanne Schlosberg. I think today she may be my favourite writer. Last week, when I was on ten days of hopeful bed-rest awaiting the results of my first IVF transfer, it was Jennifer Weiner. If you haven't read "Good in Bed" yet, do. Although, if you're paying thousands of dollars for IVF treatments and are at the tail-end of months (or years) into the psychological exhaustion of trying to create a family, you may find the part where she accidentally gets pregnant on a Shiva-call with her ex particularly irritating. Beyond that small detail, it was fabulous.

Suzanne Schlosberg's "I used a donor egg":

http://bit.ly/xXd1f6

And, because sisters should help sisters:

http://www.suzanneschlosberg.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment